The project’s objective is to improve the quality and efficiency of welfare data collection, and accessibility to comparable welfare data in Tonga.
Project components include:
- Innovation and capacity building in data collection
- Institutional strengthening
Innovation and Capacity Building in Data Collection
2 Household Income and Expenditure Surveys (HIES)
- HIES 2020/21
- HIES 2024/25
Data collection for Economic Statistics
- Update CPI based on the HIES 2020/21
- Fund price data collection in 4 new areas: Food Price Index, Producer Price Index (PPI), Building Material Price Index (BMPI), and Import Price Index (IPI)
- Support development and collection of data for a newly established Tourism Satellite Account
- Support development and collection of data for the System of Environmental-Economic Accounting (SEEA)
Data collection to improve early warning systems for natural disasters
- Support the purchasing of geo-tagging hardware for Census 2021
- Enable the Department’s work in producing national / subnational exposure risk maps
Data and research dissemination
Improvements to the Department’s office
Statistical Innovation and Capacity Building in Tonga (SICBT/PacStat) Project.
TOR SEEA Assistant
For any queries on the HIES 2020/21 please contact Ms. Telekaki Latavao.
For any queries on the overall project, please contact Project Coordinator Mr. Maletino Hola