REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
|Assignment Title:||Accounting Officer|
|Name of Project:||Statistical Innovation and Capacity Building in Tonga (PACSTAT)|
|Date of Issuance:||6th May 2022|
Download Terms of Reference (TOR): Accounting Officer TOR.pdf
Due date/time for Expression of Interest (EOI): Friday, 20th May 2022, no later than 16:30 local time.
The Government of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Tonga’s Statistical Innovation and Capacity Building in Tonga (SICBT) Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the recruitment of an Accounting Officer.
The objective of this assignment is to implement the Financial Management (FM) arrangements for the SICBT project under management of the Project Coordinator (PC) and the guidance of the Central Services Unit Financial Management Specialist (CSU FMS).
It is anticipated that the Accounting Officer will commence as soon as possible on a full-time basis for 24 calendar months (with 6 months probationary period) with further extension based on need and satisfactory performance. The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained from Maletino Hola at firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded from this link.
The Tonga Statistics Department (TSD) now invites eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing the duties of the Accounting Officer. Interested persons should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (attach curriculum vitae or resume with description of experience in similar assignments, similar conditions, etc.)
The criteria for selecting the Accounting Officer are:
Academic Background and Relevant Experience
- Minimum qualification is a Diploma in Accounting and other related fields
- At least 3 years broad experience in accounting including evidence of similar work in Government or Private Sector
- Fluency in English and demonstrated ability to be able to write succinct reports which clearly articulate issues identified.
- Experience working with a donor organization or project will be an advantage
- Good analytical skills.
- Good computer skills and well versed with user-friendly application such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience involving accounting and business management is desirable.
- Good communication skills. Fluent in both Tongan and English languages (written and spoken).
- Must have good public relation and networking skills.
- Ability to travel and work after hours would be an advantage.
- Experience working with an accounting software is desirable.
- Good worker and positive attitude.
- Highly motivated.
- Well organized and hardworking.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Highly proactive.
- Must be committed to duties allocated, efficiently and effectively.
CVs of eligible candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be scored according to the following criteria:
|1) General qualifications (general education, training, and experience):||20|
|2) Adequacy for the Assignment (relevant education, training, experience in the sector/similar assignments)||60|
|3) Competences and other personal aptitudes/skills (fluency in both Tongan and English languages and demonstrated ability to be able to write succinct reports which clearly articulate issues identified, good computer skills and well versed with user-friendly application such as Microsoft Office -Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, analytical skills, experience working with an accounting software is desirable, honesty and integrity, etc.)||20|
The attention of interested persons is drawn to paragraph 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers of November 2020(“the Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
An Accounting Officer will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultants (INDV) method set out in the Paragraphs 7.36 to 7.37 of the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during normal working hours or visit TSD website https://tongastats.gov.to/.
Submission of EOI:
Your EOI must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person OR e-mail by due date/time stated above should be clearly marked “EOI for SICBT Accounting Officer, Reference No. TSD/REF-22-01”.
Attention: Dr. Viliami Konifelenisi Fifita (Government Statistician)
Tonga Statistics Department
1st Floor Si’i-kae-Ola Supermarket Building
Phone: +676 23-300